Life begins at Classic Car Weekly

JUST a quick note to say how much Ive enjoyed my first day as a full time motoring journalist.

Its not every day you start as a writer for Classic Car Weekly, which is based down in Peterborough and published by Bauer Media, but thats exactly how the dream of getting up, driving gorgeous old cars and then getting paid to write about them, started this morning.

Ive already been entrusted with a series of motoring-related missions, including some stories which should, fingers crossed, be in next Wednesdays edition. All this on a day when Ive managed to get totally lost in the offices endless corridors and have only just discovered where the canteen is!

Ever since I learned to string "Range Rover" into a sentence Ive been pretty much obsessed with cars, especially older ones which make grunty noises when you put your foot down. For the past three years, my friends at The Champion have allowed me to indulge my automotive passions on the flimsiest of journalistic excuses - and dont worry, the weekly column WILL continue - but now Im a fully grown boy and I get to do what I love doing most of all for a living.

To say Im looking forward to giving these automotive adventures my alls a bit of an understatement.

Tomorrows assignment: drive an E-Type. No, really. One of my first assignments for Classic Car Weekly is to let you know what its like to get behind the wheel of a car Ive been itching to drive since I was ten years old.

Ill keep you posted...

Have you got a story for Classic Car Weekly youd like to share with David? Get in touch with him by sending an email to david.simister@classiccarweekly.co.uk or give him a call on 01733 468847.

Related Posts by Categories

0 comments:

Post a Comment